Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm Feeling Green

I'm sure everyone knows what holiday is the next in line. Yup, St. Pat's Day. This is one that I don't have a.n.y decor for. I have been working on this little problem though.


You're probably asking how I'm going to be using all of this miscellaneous stuff in the pic. Well, Tausha over at Sassy Style Redesign (www.sassystyleredesign.blogspot.com) did a segment on Studio 5 (a local Utah program that often highlights bloggers) and inspired me to borrow her idea. Thanks Tausha! Check it out!

I got some embroidery hoops from the local DI and then all of my other supplies and materials from Joann Fabrics. On sale, of course.

First one done. I love my sparkly shamrock.

I used a free print for this hoop from Today’s Fabulous Finds. She has a t.o.n. of fun stuff for printing!

The last one is pretty simple. This is just a paper mache (spelling?) letter. I toyed with the idea of spray painting it, but like the natural look. (I'm being lazy too.) Of course, the B is for Black...I'm a sucker for monograms!

I hooked all of these together with a bit of Irish green ribbon.

Here these little beauties are hung on my front door. That middle one is a bit crooked, I'm just telling myself it adds to the charm. I finally took down the Christmas wreath I had hanging there. Soooo.....there's now a little bit o' green in my home.

via interstate college.com

I swear that someday I'm going to get to Ireland and visit. Every picture you see is SO green! I am fascinated with the history there. Mainly, because it's where a lot of my ancestors came from. Go Irish!

Featured on:

All Free Holiday Crafts

Linking this to:

Today's Creative Blog

Photobucket


Show and Tell Green  http://www.thethriftyhome.com IhookedupwithHoHlamespice
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!
SAS Interiors
504 Main
The DIY Show Off > UndertheTableandDreaming




A Marvelous Mess
UndertheTableandDreaming

11 comments:

  1. Looks freakin fabulous! Love, love, love it! I am in love with the sparkly shamrock! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! You have some creative thinking going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! No way you can say you're lazy, unpainted letter or not... visiting from Tickled Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea. I love it. I'm your newest follower. I would love it if you linked your project up to my link party.
    More The Merrier Monday.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Love it. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the embroidery hoop art. The sparkly green shamrock is cute!! I know what you mean about Ireland....I was lucky enough to get to go there (and Scotland) in 2005....and I will be posting some pictures on my blog in the coming week. I would love it if you would link this up to my blog party, A Marvelous Mess. At each party I will pick one project to feature on my sidebar for a week!! Here is the link: http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/02/marvelous-mess-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, I love the triple circles of the hoops and of course I love the green! :) I think you could use this approach for lots of things, not just holidays or St. Patty's - I think it looks great on the front door! :) Thanks for linking up to Saturday Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your creativity, thanks for linking up to my blog bash K.I.S.S. @ The Tattered Tag. Please link up more of your great ideas tomorrow. :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...