Wednesday, March 16, 2011

One of My Favorites

Check out what I made for dinner last night!

This is one of my favorite pasta dishes.  The flavors are so simple and the whole thing is pretty easy to make too.
I love the colors...they are so fresh looking!  (Sorry my bowl looks a little messy in this pic.)

I usually make this in the summer, because it is fun to use ingredients fresh from the garden.  But I-have-been-craving-this-NOW!  So of course, it had to be made. 


I originally found this recipe in Giada De Laurentiis's book:  Giada's Family Dinners.  Ya gotta love this girl...she makes the.best.looking stuff!

Here's the recipe for ya'll if you want to give it a shot:
Salt
1 1/2 C. ditalini pasta
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
5 plum tomatoes (I use Roma tomatoes), cored and chopped
8 oz. fresh mozarella cheese, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
8 large fresh basil leaves, coarsley chopped
1 can of sliced olives

Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.  Add the ditalini and cook, stirring often to prevent the pasta from sticking together, until tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 min.  Drain.

While waiting for pasta, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.  Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 min.  Add the tomatoes and saute just until heated through, about 2 min.  Add the cooked pasta.  Remove the pan from the heat.  Add the cheese and basil, and toss to coat.  Season the pasta to taste with salt and pepper.  Serve immediately.


This is SO DANG GOOD!
I love to serve it with a tossed salad or fresh cut fruit and garlic bread, of course.

Enjoy!

post signature

Linking to:

Blue Cricket Design
Blessed With Grace
House of Hepworths
Tatertots and Jello
Fingerprints on the Fridge
The Speckled Dog
Remodelaholic

5 comments:

  1. Yum! A perfect summer meal! My husband would love this! My kids would not touch this with a ten foot pole. Stuff thats good for them..no way!
    We are having lemon pasta for dinner, and if you love pasta-you should totally make this! YUM-O! Don't be detered by the million steps, it really comes together super quick! Delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/09/breaded-garlic-chicken-in-lemon-butter-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a thought, Tausha. A friend of mine told me that you don't tell the kids to just take one bite, you tell them they have to have three or four bites of whatever. It takes three or four bites to actually get the flavor of something. Of course, I'm not telling you how to raise your children, but this is a tip passed on to me that worked for me quite often...not that it works for everyone, but it might be worth a try. The pasta recipe looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing it. I have some recipes in my blog. www.abcresep.blogspot.com

    gadget info www.bloyak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...