Monday, June 27, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Ok, so I know there are a thousand recipes out there for spinach artichoke dip and I've tried my fair share of them.

This one just happens to be my FAV-OR-ITE.  Which of course is all that matters, since I'm the one who makes it and ends up eating my fair share.

If I remember right, this recipe is one that Alton Brown (You know the mad scientist chef from the Food Network?) claims as his own, and now I do too.:)  I've actually gotten a few great, fairly easy, recipes from his collection.  Good and easy...that's how I roll, ha!

This is something that is popular on a Saturday night to eat in front of the T.V. with a movie playing...at least in my house.  Plus, it's filling enough to count as dinner in my book.


Enough talking already, I know you're thinking, "Just give me the recipe!"  Well, here ya go.

1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. grated parmesan 
1-2 tsp. dijon mustard
1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, chopped
1 c. loosely packed, rough chopped spinach (I've used both frozen and fresh spinach.)
1/2 c. chopped red onion

Combine mozzarella, sour cream mayonnaise, 1/4 c. parmesan, mustard, and pepper to taste.  Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach, and onion.  Spread into a 9" pie plate and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 min.  Serve with what you want, chips and bread are popular.  Finally, pig out!




post signature


Linking to:

The Stories of A to Z
The DIY Home Sweet Home Project
Between Naps on the Porch 
Pinkapotamus 
Dittle Dattle 
Tip Junkie

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I'll have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your makin'me so hungry. I'm for sure gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! Thank you SO much for your sweet comment on my laundry room! I am absolutely in love with that room..I go and stand in the doorway and just stand, stare and smile! lol (please tell me I'm not weird!) :)
    Your dip looks yummy! We have turned part of our garage into a theater room and it would fun to make that and chow down!
    Have a great week!
    missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm. Ok I trust you, gonna have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, that looks excellent. A friend of mine makes a crab dip (full of cheese, of course) that evokes the same feelings.

    I think you should put "baked" in the post/recipe title. It makes a very big difference in the flavor and how it's perceived. E.g.:

    Baked makes me think warm, comforting, in front of the TV or around a wood table dipping pieces of toasted French bread.

    Not baked makes me think over-sized crackers and carrot sticks with or the dip stuffed into a hollowed-out pumpernickel.

    Both are excellent, however, yours evokes the former.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...